Apple iOS 11.3 Security Upgrades, Bugs, and Fixes
On March 29, 2018, Tim Cook and the Apple team released their most recent operating system, Apple iOS 11.3 for the iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and HomePod. This release, albeit a few months late, is being touted as a major update that fixes many issues with the past OS, most notably righting the wrongs of the iPhone slowdown debacle. With global demands for better performance and stability, this update may deliver with many new features. Let’s take a look at what this system includes.
While iOS 11.3 is still in the early weeks of being installed in Apple products, there seems to be a cautious general consensus that this version allows users more control over their Apple products when it comes to performance and stability. Time will only tell what glitches, bugs, and security issues may crop up, so stay tuned and keep reading our blog. Questions? Call Spectra Networks at 978.219.9752, or visit our website at Spectra Networks.
- iPhone Battery Health - Although this feature is still in Beta mode, it allows users to access the health of their iPhone battery. Users will be told if their battery is triggering a slowdown and will then have the choice to turn of the feature. The battery health can also recommend if servicing is needed.
- Augmented Reality Experiences - ARKit 1.5 improvements were made that have the capability to power the newest generation of AR. The new ARKit will be able to recognize and place virtual objects on vertical surfaces including walls and doors. In addition, real time video on your screen has a boosted resolution.
- Mobile Location - The Advanced Mobile Location feature allows you to share your location in the case of an emergency. This feature was primarily released in Europe.
- Health Records - iOS 11.3 features a new Health Records passcode-protected app that aims to streamline patients’ medical data. Although there are few uses at this point while it is in Beta, this feature will only grow.
- Business Chat - This newest version lets users communicate in Messages directly with businesses, including Discover, Hilton, Lowe’s, and Wells Fargo.
- Security Improvements - This version fixes 44 security issues from past operating systems, including patches to WebKit and Safari, as well as vulnerabilities found in Mail, iCloud Drive, Phone, and Find My iPhone. In addition, there is an updated privacy screen.
- Animoji - New to the iPhone X are four new animals to play with, including: a lion, a bear, a dragon, and a skull.
Spectra Networks. Website designed and developed by Sperling Interactive.