Computer Clean Out for the New Year
Starting the year off with a well-organized computer will help you find old files easier, cut down on stress, and help you start the new year with a positive outlook.
If you have questions about how to clean out your computer, whether it is hardware or software, call Spectra Networks at 978.219.9752, or visit our website at Spectra Networks. From all of us at Spectra Networks, we wish you a safe and happy New Year!]]>
- Getting Started - Start by moving, sorting, and deleting files. There really is nothing worse than searching for data that you know you have but finding where it is located is a chore. This task may be overwhelming so maybe try to dedicate 15 minutes a day for a few weeks to doing it.
- Clean Up your Email - Our inboxes tend to be filled with newsletters, promotional material, and tons of other useless junk. Spend some time deleting spam mail, checking your spam filter, unsubscribing from unnecessary email lists, and then organize important emails by category or person so that you can find emails when you need to.
- App Clean Up - How many apps do you have on your devices? Now is the time to go through them and delete unused apps on your computer and update the ones that you do use. If you haven’t done so already, you should set your app settings to automatically update.
- Backup - When was the last time you backed up important files and data? Whether you use cloud storage or an external hard drive, it is critical to have regular backups in the case of a catastrophic event that keeps you from accessing your network or data.
- Updates - When was the last time you checked to see if your software needed updating? In order to have the latest security protocols, you may want to regularly install updates as a part of your “New Year’s Clean Up” resolution.
- Privacy Settings - While you are cleaning out folders, data and email, consider looking at your security settings. Perform a privacy checkup on your online accounts especially social media platforms including: Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Google.
- Hardware Cleaning - Don’t forget about cleaning up the debris that has found its way into the crevices of your keyboard and/or the dust inside your computer.
Spectra Networks. Website designed and developed by Sperling Interactive.