Conserving Battery Life of your Mobile Devices
While battery technology has increased and improved with every generation of Android and/or iPhone, there are still some things you can do to conserve your battery.
If you have more questions about how to save your battery call Spectra Networks at 978.219.9752 or visit our website at Spectra Networks.
- Turn down the screen brightness. According to many Mac experts under 30% will allow your battery optimal performance.
- Disable Location Services. So many of your apps probably requested location services when you first downloaded it. This access your device’s GPS can drain your battery quickly.
- Disable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connections until you actually need it otherwise you are using your battery unnecessarily.
- Delete unused apps. If you are not using an app, especially one that uses GPS or video services get rid of it. (For Android users use Greenify when you want to put an app in hibernation.)
- Find the battery killers by experimenting what is drawing on your battery the most whether it is a game, video or news app.
- Fetch your email less often. Do you really need email every five minutes? Change your fetch settings so you can save even more on your battery.
- Set your phone to go to sleep sooner (Doze Mode for Android users) so you can cut back on battery draining time while it is in your pocket or not being used. Use low power mode even when your battery life is still in the green.
- Turn off vibrate as it takes more power to vibrate than to ring your phone.
Spectra Networks. Website designed and developed by Sperling Interactive.