Finding the Right Software for your Business
The goal of software for business is to make our lives easier, unfortunately it can be a source of frustration and tension for employees if the right software is not chosen. With hundreds of products out there that come in a wide range of configurations, it is easy to make the wrong choice. So how, then, should your company go about choosing the right software for your size, business field, and budget? Here are a few suggestions to get you started.
- Define your Needs - What problems, issues, or tasks do you need the software to solve for your business? Make a wish list of sorts of things you hope a software package will include. Be sure to include as many different levels of the business operation on this brainstorming, as a business leader is going to have a different set of requirements than someone further down the chain of command.
- Do Your Research - Before investing in software that promises the world, do your homework. Sure, checking out online ratings and demos is a great start, but also talk to your colleagues in other companies. Find out what they have been using and whether they find it worthwhile. Look for software that addresses your specific needs and provides value over the longest period of time.
- Make a Shortlist - Now that you have researched and understand what features you deem necessary, compile a list of software tools that seem to fit your business’s goals. This may include plugins, platforms, and various software tools. With that short list you can begin to narrow your choices based on reviews, budget, and whether you can make do with homegrown solutions that are already being used in your office.
If you need help deciding on the right software for your business, maybe you want to call in some IT help. Spectra Networks can help you make these choices based on our study of your field of business along with an evaluation of your systems. Call Spectra Networks at at 978.219.9752, or visit our website at Spectra Networks.]]>
- Demos and Testing - Most software tools allow a free demo for businesses to determine if it has the features that are needed. Take advantage of these free test drives or demos that allow you to see its benefits before putting any money down. During demos, have key employees that would be using it give input and ask questions.
- Make Your Selection - After all the research, communicating with members of your team, and testing out the demo, now it’s time to buy.
Spectra Networks. Website designed and developed by Sperling Interactive.