<![CDATA[What is one of the more integral components of your business security protocol? Depending upon your field of business and the size of your company, our guess is that your answers may vary, from firewalls to antivirus capabilities, to a variety of methods used to safeguard access to your most sensitive and vulnerable data. Or maybe you focus more on your job at hand and leave the IT “stuff” to the technicians that do it so well. Whether understanding security solutions is your thing or not, we want to tell you about a security solution from Sophos that protects your business from ransomware called Sophos Intercept X that specifically addresses endpoint protection.
What is Endpoint Protection?One of the most important parts of your business security is endpoint protection, also called endpoint security. Endpoints are where cybercriminals execute code and exploit vulnerabilities. For your business, an endpoint may be a tablet, smartphone, desktop, laptop, server, or workstation. Security at this point needs to be protected against attacks, exploits, or even data leakage caused by human error.
Why the Need for New Protection?For decades, organizations have relied heavily on antivirus and antimalware as a way to secure endpoints. Today’s modern security threats are changing and evolving so rapidly that they no longer can protect endpoints with antivirus programs alone. To answer the call for more advanced and sophisticated endpoint protection solutions comes Intercept X. This is the world’s most comprehensive endpoint protection built to stop the widest range of attacks. Using next-generation techniques, Intercept X has been proven to prevent even the most advanced ransomware and malware. This includes the ability to detect never-before-seen malware with deep learning, stop ransomware with Sophos anti-ransomware technology, and deny attacker tools with signatureless exploit prevention. Intercept X also includes root cause analysis to provide insight into threats, and instant malware removal to ensure no attack remnants remain. Here are some of the components of this comprehensive solution:
- Deep learning malware detection checks executable files pre-execution and is powered by machine learning.
- Exploit Prevention is able to detect and stop over 25 exploit methods used to compromise vulnerable applications.
- CryptoGuard detects and rolls back malicious file encryption activity caused by ransomware.
- Safe browsing is made possible by monitoring a web browser’s crypt, presentation, and network interfaces to detect man-in-the-browser attacks that are common in many banking trojans.
- Root cause analysis that gives a full explanation of what happened when malicious activity was detected.
- Sophos Clean provides a robust malware removal capability that will restore tampered Windows OS files and registries.
- Prevention of dumping of credentials.
- Uses active adversary mitigations by disrupting an attack that has established a presence on the host.